The Marketing Coordinator produces top quality proposals for architectural and environmental design services in accordance with the diverse requirements of potential clients and in collaboration with internal and external project partners. Proposals are created in publishing software and require composition, graphics, insertion of partner information, selection and insertion of past project images and other information as required by the request for proposal (RFP). The successful candidate for this position will have a strong spirit of teamwork and outstanding collaborative interpersonal skills. This position reports to the Marketing Manager.
- Manage proposal preparation process from start to finish. This process includes but is not limited to the following:
- Analyze requirements
- Establish proposal development schedules
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with other members of marketing team, technical staff, administrative staff, subconsultants and primes to plan, prepare write, design, produce and submit all proposal materials.
- Set-up team planning and review meetings
- Collaborate with Graphic Designer to create visually appealing materials
- Arrange proofing and editing
- Arrange production and delivery
- Lead the development of interview and presentation materials including PowerPoint, boards, and handouts, as needed
- Prepare and update stock resumes for all staff members
- Maintain accurate and up to date proposal tracking records
- Assist with organizing and developing other marketing materials including project descriptions, brochure content, and company statements of qualifications
Examples of job responsibilities are not intended to be all‑inclusive. GLMV reserves the right to assign additional responsibilities as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of and proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, primarily InDesign and Photoshop.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to keep up and thrive in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Ability to manage work on multiple projects and respond effectively to shifting priorities.
- Ability to self-direct and follow through on assigned tasks with limited supervision
- Ability to cultivate effective working relationships with coworkers and internal and external customers who have varied personalities and professional backgrounds.
- Ability to learn quickly, retain and recall new information
- Ability to organize and track a wide range of information and activity from varying sources and access that information as needed.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong command of the English language, grammar, and composition
- Excellent time management skills
- Physical requirements essential to the job to be included.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing using a variety of computer based audio-visual tools.
- Ability to produce own work using computers, keyboards, mouse and monitors.
An employee shall not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace
Required Experience and Credentials
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration
- 3-5 years document layout and production experience
- Previous experience in the Architecture/Engineering industry and technical understanding of the proposal production process for professional services preferred.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.