Project Manager, Architecture — Federal Division, Houston
We are seeking an architect registered in the state of Texas to take responsibility for client relationships and the proposal, design, planning, budgeting, preparation, and oversight of delivery of a wide range of renovation, remodel and expansion projects as well as new construction. This position is accountable for delivering projects on time and within budget, and reports to and collaborates with a senior architect engaged in federal project development. The clients are great, the work environment is nice, technology is current, and coworkers are professional, technical, collaborative and accustomed to wearing different hats as needed to help one another meet goals and deadlines.
- Meet client, analyze, conceive and develop architectural solutions to their goals.
- Plan project budget, milestones, and schedule and track project performance
- Initiate and create schematic designs, coordinate and oversee the preparation of drawings
- Coordinate workload through all phases to complete projects on schedule.
- Direct and coordinate with the engineering disciplines and third party equipment vendors, reviewing construction documents for areas of conflict with all disciplines.
- Write/edit or direct development of architectural specifications.
- Plan, initiate, and run project meetings, setting agenda’s, and issuing meeting minutes
- Ensure code and accessibility compliance utilizing several competing and often conflicting building, life safety, health and accessibility codes.
- Coordinate addendum, ASI, RFIs, WCPRs and Change Orders and incorporate agreed upon changes into the project documents.
- Analyze and negotiate pay applications and change orders
- Report project completion for billing, approve invoices, and lead any necessary collections activities
- Provide supervision and guidance to others assigned to facilitate the delivery of a project
Examples of job responsibilities are not intended to be all‑inclusive. GLMV reserves the right to assign additional responsibilities as needed.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Strong Knowledge of technical design considerations and trends
- Strong Knowledge of building materials and methods
- Strong knowledge of codes and accessibility requirements
- Knowledge of sustainable design
- Excellent written and communication skills–ability to speak and write clearly and concisely and to relate well to others at all levels and use diplomacy and tact
- Planning and organization skills –ability to start and complete projects independently, using time effectively and efficiently, and managing multiple priorities
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities—working closely with numerous owner representatives and their clients on different projects simultaneously.
- Ability to cope with change, shift priorities comfortably.
- Ability to move between running projects for the team and pitching in on projects under the leadership of others
An employee shall not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace
Required Experience and Credentials
- Licensed architect in the at least one state in the U.S,
- Client management experience required
- Project leadership and supervisory experience required
- Experience with federal defense projects required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Project Schedule)
- Proficiency with Deltek project and resource management tools preferred
- Revit knowledge beneficial.
- LEED credentials preferred
- NCARB certified and eligible for reciprocal licensing in other states preferred
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.