PROJECT ARCHITECT– Higher Education and Commercial
This PA position is ideal for someone who has experience or interest in higher education with the mindset of enhancing the human experience within applied learning environments. At GLMV, we are value driven, hard workers who strive to seize big ideas and make them real. Project Architects within the company collaborate with team members to achieve creative solutions for our clients. We value providing an atmosphere for employees to push their boundaries through personal and professional growth. This position will lead a multidiscipline team through all phases of various sized architectural projects. A PA has full responsibility for the production of the construction drawings and specifications for projects with varying levels of responsibilities for design and construction administration.
- Collaborate with division in conceptual designs
- Engage and guide clients in programming and design meetings
- Implement building and accessibility codes throughout each design
- Identify and propose technical solutions to design challenges to the team and client
- Lead and coordinate design direction and implementation in construction documents with consultants and contractors
- Schedule and perform work within the team to meet project deadlines
- Provide guidance to less experienced architects and/or interns in architecture through all phases of projects from conception to construction administration.
- Participate in all aspects of prebid and bidding processes.
- Perform construction administration related tasks such in office and on site, such as handling submittals, recording and responding to RFIs and shop drawings.
- Perform thorough reviews of own work and that of others.
- Present information to clients in project interviews
- Growth within this position includes QA/QC responsibilities, project management, proposal preparation and business development training.
Examples of job responsibilities are not intended to be all inclusive. GLMV reserves the right to assign additional responsibilities as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Possess a high level of technical proficiency in drawing production
- Knowledge of potential issues in construction
- Ability to review, and edit specifications
- Self-motivator and strong communicator
- Collaborative and organized in a creative environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Effective verbal and written communication skills using the English language
- Ability to travel to support project tasks
- Ability to inspect sites and buildings as needed
An employee shall not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
Required Experience and Credentials
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Architecture from an NAAB accredited program
- 5 years of experience demonstrating steady growth in responsibility and accountability for new build and renovation projects of increasing complexity and scope, concept to construction administration.
- Broad scope off experience including, but not limited to:
- NCARB certified and licensed or active on the path to licensure
- Successful completion of proficiency assessments in architectural detailing and/or Revit
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.