GLMV has an opportunity for a project architect to take responsibility for specific clients and the design, planning, preparation, and delivery of their projects. Projects are quick turn-around restaurant renovations, remodels and expansions as well as new construction. The work is fast-paced and requires daily interaction with client representatives, code officials and external project partners. Some travel is required for site analysis, documentation and assessment of existing conditions, and construction administration as needed. This is production, management, and occasionally supervisory position is accountable for delivering projects on time and within budget, and reports to a senior project manager.
- Meet directly with client, analyze client goals and conceive and develop solutions to those goals within franchise, community and regulatory parameters.
- Plan the project budget, milestones, and schedule and track project performance accordingly
- Initiate and create schematic designs and plans with responsibility for the preparation of drawings
- Coordinate workload through design development and construction document phases to complete documents on schedule.
- Direct and coordinate with the engineering disciplines and third-party equipment vendors, reviewing construction documents for areas of conflict with all disciplines.
- Write/edit owner provided architectural specifications.
- Plan, initiate, and run project meetings, setting agendas, and issuing meeting minutes
- Ensure code and accessibility compliance utilizing several competing and often conflicting building, life safety, health, and accessibility codes.
- Coordinates addendum, ASI, RFIs, WCPRs and Change Orders and is responsible to incorporate agreed upon changes into the project documents.
- Execute construction administration using Owner provided web-based workspace.
- Analyze and negotiate pay applications and change orders
- Report project completion for billing, approve invoices, and lead any necessary collections activities
- Provide supervision and guidance to others assigned to facilitate the delivery of a project,
Developmental opportunities to learn and take on the role of project management in the division are available to incumbents in this position.
Examples of job responsibilities are not intended to be all inclusive. GLMV reserves the right to assign additional responsibilities as needed.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Strong Knowledge of restaurant design considerations and trends
- Strong knowledge of heath department and building codes and accessibility requirements and their interstate variances.
- Knowledge of design within the parameters of franchise agreement requirements and neighborhood adaptations.
- Excellent written and communication skills–ability to speak and write clearly and concisely and to relate well to others at all levels and use diplomacy and tact
- Planning and organization skills –ability to start and complete projects independently, using time effectively and efficiently, and managing multiple priorities
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities—working closely with numerous owner representatives and their clients on different projects simultaneously.
- Ability to cope with change, can shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having the total picture, can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
- Ability to move between running projects independently or through a team and participating in projects under the leadership of others
Physical requirements essential to the job to be included.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing using a variety of computer based audio-visual tools.
- Ability to produce own work using computers, keyboards, mouse and monitors.
An employee shall not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
Required Experience and Credentials
- Licensed NCARB certified architect
- Client management experience required
- Strong proficiency in AutoCAD
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Project Schedule)
- Revit experience preferred
- Restaurant and/or franchise developer experience preferred
- Multi-state experience preferred
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.