If you're interested in working with us, please fill out the form below.
GLMV has an opportunity for a landscape architect to work with architects and/or civil designers and engineers to provide site and landscape support services for public and private architectural projects throughout the country. This position will be engaged in training, mentoring and supervising less experienced design professionals through technical challenges and in managing their time and resources to deliver projects on time and within budget. The work is fast-paced and requires daily interaction with client representatives, code officials and external project partners. Travel will be required for site analysis, documentation and assessment of existing conditions, and construction administration as needed. This position will contribute to QAQC and stamp drawings and will report to a division level senior project manager.
Location: Wichita, KS
· Meet directly with clients, analyze the client’s goals, and conceive and develop solutions to those goals within the community and regulatory parameters.
· Plan the project budget, milestones, and schedule and track project performance accordingly
· Initiate and create schematic designs and plans with responsibility for the preparation of drawings
· Coordinate workload through design development and construction document phases to complete documents on schedule.
· Direct and coordinate with the engineering disciplines and third-party equipment vendors, reviewing construction documents for areas of conflict with all disciplines.
· Write/edit owner provided architectural specifications.
· Plan, initiate, and run project meetings, setting agendas, and issuing meeting minutes
· Ensure code and accessibility compliance utilizing several competing and often conflicting building, life safety, health, and accessibility codes.
· Coordinates addendum, ASI, RFIs, WCPRs and Change Orders and is responsible to incorporate agreed upon changes into the project documents.
· Execute construction administration utilizing owner provided web-based workspace.
· Analyze and negotiate pay applications and change orders
· Report project completion for billing, approve invoices, and lead any necessary collections activities
· Provide supervision and guidance to others assigned to facilitate the delivery of a project.
Examples of job responsibilities are not intended to be all inclusive. GLMV reserves the right to assign additional responsibilities as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Thorough knowledge of landscape design considerations and trends.
· Thorough knowledge of heath department and building codes and accessibility requirements and their interstate variances.
· Knowledge of design within the parameters of the community’s agreement requirements and neighborhood adaptations.
· Strong leadership skills.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills–ability to speak and write clearly and concisely English.
· Ability to relate well to others at all levels and use diplomacy and tact.
· Planning and organization skills –ability to start and complete projects independently, using time effectively and efficiently, and managing multiple priorities
· Ability to juggle multiple priorities—working closely with numerous owner representatives and their clients on different projects simultaneously.
· Ability to cope with change, shift gears comfortably, decide and act without having the total picture, and comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
· Ability to move between running projects independently or through a team and participating in projects under the leadership of others.
An employee shall not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
Experience and Credentials
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.