If you're interested in working with us, please fill out the form below.
The Landscape Architect Intern works in collaboration with other landscape design professionals, architects and/or civil designers and engineers to provide site and landscape support services for architectural projects throughout the country. The intern will be provided design and coordination assignments in all project phases. Such assignments will become progressively more complex and greater in scope as mastery is demonstrated.
Location: Wichita, KS
· Become NCARB registered and track performance in accordance with AXP requirements.
· Investigate and document the code requirements for a particular project.
· May assist in production and presentation of elementary design schedules and elementary schematics.
· Research, analyze, and prepare assigned sheets for the construction drawing set.
· Evaluate and document scope/quantity/cost in comparison to materials selection and the preparation of specifications.
· May participate in meetings with code officials and make adjustments to reflect compliance.
· May assist and advise client in obtaining required approvals and permits.
· Develop Revit proficiency and familiarity with other AutoDesk tools.
· Produce elevation drawings
· Prepare material schedules
· Ensure that design, material, and/or detail element changes made during CD phase are carried out on all relevant drawings.
· Checks own work for completion and accuracy before submitting it to the project team.
· Research and apply increasingly more complex details, codes, and methods.
· May assume full scope of responsibility for all phases of a particularly small project of limited complexity.
Examples of job responsibilities are not intended to be all inclusive. GLMV reserves the right to assign additional responsibilities as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Working knowledge of ICBO, International Building Code, and an awareness of federal, state, and local code.
· Knowledge of building materials and construction practices.
· Knowledge of planning and design process.
· Knowledge of engineering systems relevant to the built environment.
· Awareness and understanding of potential environmental hazards with regard to site.
· Proficiency with the version of Revit or AutoCAD currently in use.
· Mathematical and engineering formulas used to determine space dimensions and to prepare quantity calculations for selected materials.
· Architectural lettering by hand.
· Rough rendering and quick sketch by hand.
· Ability to use computer keyboard and video display monitor.
· Ability to traverse uneven terrain, climb steps or ladder, and tolerate airborne environmental nuisances associated with building construction sites.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Ability to visually survey, measure and assess project site, site elements, and project while under construction.
An employee shall not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
Experience and Credentials
· Graduation from a LAAB accredited program in landscape architecture.
· Proficiency in Civil 3D
· Some work experience in the building environment is also preferred.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.