KC Interior Designer
This is an interior design position requiring a candidate who has had the opportunity to design interior spaces for a wide range of commercial, governmental, and institutional clients. Considering function, aesthetics, safety, and economy, this interior designer uses knowledge of and experience with methods, materials, codes, and regulations (with skill and creativity) to design spaces that meet and balance the client’s requests and needs. This position may manage own projects but will often collaborate with architects, project managers and other members of multidisciplinary team members.
- Meet with clients and/or project teams to program the project requirements. From project conception to construction administration.
- Develop design concepts & present in project meetings with clients
- Implement building and accessibility codes throughout each design
- Prepare digital presentations with finish selections, furnishings, fixtures, and lighting and/or create sample boards
- Draw and render interior design concepts in Revit model
- Take accurate as-built measurements for developing floor plans and elevations
- Prepare and update documents during schematic design, design development and construction administration
- Respond to RFIs and check shop drawings
- Engage in continuing education related to product updates, industry trends and professional certification.
- Leverage relationships with materials and furnishings manufacturer reps.
- Schedule and perform work as needed within the team to meet project deadlines
- Participate in project team interviews
- Create project proposals and budgets
Examples of job responsibilities are not intended to be all inclusive. GLMV reserves the right to assign additional responsibilities as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of current trends in interior design and finishes
- Possess a high level of technical proficiency in Revit drawing production
- Substantial knowledge of material, and product costs
- Self-motivated and well organized.
- Strong collaboration and relationship building skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills using the English language
- Ability to review, and edit specifications
- Ability to prepare furniture cost estimates
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to travel
- Ability to inspect sites and buildings
An employee shall not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
Required Experience and Credentials
- Five or more years of experience. It is preferred that some of the experience include federal projects.
- Experience with FF&E procurement and specification
- NCIDQ Licensed
- Demonstrated proficiency in Revit
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.