Interior Designer-Higher Education & Commercial
This interior design position is ideal for someone who has experience in or is interested in higher education, with the mindset of enhancing the human experience within applied learning environments. At GLMV we are value driven, hard workers who strive to seize big ideas and make them real. Interior Designers at GLMV collaborate with team members to achieve creative solutions for our clients through programming, space planning, design, and implementation of finish schemes. We value providing an atmosphere for employees to push their boundaries through personal and professional growth. Considering function, aesthetics, safety, and economy the interior designer uses knowledge of methods, materials, codes, and regulations (with skill and creativity) to design spaces that meet and balance the client’s requests. Designers prepare presentations of their recommendations for interior finishes and furnishings and prepare construction drawings and specifications for each project. This position reports to a senior interior design professional and collaborates with multidisciplinary team members.
- Meet with clients and/or project teams to program the project requirements. From project conception to construction administration.
- Develop design concepts & present in project meetings with clients
- Implement building and accessibility codes throughout each design
- Prepare digital presentations with finish selections, furnishings, fixtures, and lighting.
- Create sample boards
- Draw and render interior design concepts in Revit model
- Take accurate as-built measurements for developing floor plans and elevations
- Prepare and update documents during schematic design, design development and construction administration
- Respond to RFIs and check shop drawings
- Engage in continuing education related to product updates, industry trends and professional certification.
- Develop relationships with materials and furnishings manufacturer reps.
- Schedule and perform work as needed within the team to meet project deadlines
- Participate in project team interviews
- May create project budgets
Examples of job responsibilities are not intended to be all inclusive. GLMV reserves the right to assign additional responsibilities as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of current trends in interior design and finishes
- Possess a high level of technical proficiency in Revit drawing production
- Working knowledge of material, and product costs
- Self-motivated and well organized.
- Strong collaboration and relationship building skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills using the English language
- Ability to review, and edit specifications
- Ability to prepare furniture cost estimates
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to travel
- Ability to inspect sites and buildings
An employee shall not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
Required Experience and Credentials
- Interior Design Degree from a CIDA accredited University
- 2 or more years of experience
- Preferred experience with (higher-ed/commercial/developer driven/PPP
- Proficient in Revit & rendering software
- Experience with FF&E procurement and specification
- NCIDQ preferred
- Experience with higher education, commercial, and/or developer drive projects preferred; experience with public private partnership projects a plus.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.