Civil Designer — Kansas City or Houston
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews rough sketches, drawings, specifications, and other engineering data received from Engineers.
- Plots maps and charts showing profiles and cross-sections, indicating relation of topographical contours and elevations to building and retaining walls.
- Prepares site layout designs and drafts detailed and complex drawings for items such as pads, roads, drainage, and pipelines.
- Prepares site grading and placement of basic erosion and sedimentation control measures.
- Maintains good knowledge of governmental regulations, codes and ordinances and applies them to plans, as needed.
- Provide Civil design support for a wide variety of small and large site development projects throughout the United States.
- Other duties as assigned.
Examples of job responsibilities are not intended to be all‑inclusive. GLMV reserves the right to assign additional responsibilities as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of construction process, design constraints, required deliverables.
- Good understanding and knowledge of civil site requirements
- Understanding of cross-discipline needs for continuous coordination with other architects and engineers, lead engineer, project management, commercial and procurement on multidiscipline design and construction projects
- Understanding of drawing coordinate systems, including State Plane Coordinates
- Ability to utilize and import information from GIS databases
- Familiar with “InfraWorks” and “AutoTURN” software
- Intermediate to Expert level skills with AutoCAD drafting, sheet set manager, standards, line styles, dimensions, annotations, etc.
- Expertise in AutoCAD 2016 or higher and AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Experience using Esri ArcGIS desktop software, and third party applications (Vehicle Tracking, HydroCAD, etc)
- Strong Microsoft Office suite skills
An employee shall not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace
An Associate Degree in related field and 2 or more years relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A Bachelor’s degree in appropriate area of design preferred. Land Development Experience is required. Survey experience is a plus.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.