Architectural Visualization Specialist
GLMV is seeking an Architectural Visualization Specialist to create high quality, 3D architectural renderings and animations based on the design of architects and other design professional’s work. This position will work directly under the observation of the Division Lead, receiving specific and detailed feedback on a variety of project types. The majority of the work performed will be to demonstrate the ability to take design direction/feedback and then create high quality, 3D architectural renderings and animations.
- Work closely with division lead as well as architectural and design teams to help plan and bring design concepts to life through 3D modeling and visuals.
- Utilize 3D modeling software to develop and communicate detailed site and building designs to our clients.
- Work with clients and outside stakeholders to modify design options and drive resolution on open design elements and issues.
- Modeling, texturing, lighting, rendering, and postproduction for architectural and interior design scenes.
- Operate as a 3D artist on stills, animations, virtual reality and real-time projects.
- Demonstrate the ability to present and explain visuals to colleagues and clients.
- Ensure ideas are represented as accurately and attractively as possible.
- Create both static visualizations and animations.
- Create and prepare VR/AR experiences for clients and in-house collaboration.
- Visualize building concepts in various graphic mediums.
- Keep up to date with relevant technology and software advancements.
Examples of job responsibilities are not intended to be all inclusive. GLMV reserves the right to assign additional responsibilities as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency with the following tools:
- Sketch Up
- Adobe Suite (Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign)
- Unreal Engine/Unity
- Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality is a plus
- Rhino/Blender/3DS Max/Dynamo/Grasshopper are all pluses
- Ability to interpret and build detailed 3D models from 2D CAD plans.
- Interested in pushing the limits of technology and design to help communicate GLMV’s ideas to clients in a different, more effective manner.
- General knowledge of building materials, design and construction practices is beneficial.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, consistently meeting deadlines, and delivering high quality products.
An employee shall not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
Required Experience and Credentials
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in architecture, design, or a related field from an accredited university.
- 1 or more years of professional work experience in architecture or related field.
- Successful completion of a Revit assessment.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.