Administrative Assistant – Kansas City
The Administrative Assistant will perform a variety of support duties for team members in our Kansas City office. This position will work under the general guidance of the Office Manager and work closely with the Managing Vice President regarding location-specific support needs. The ideal candidate enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and is at ease with managing shifting priorities.
- Provide word processing support for various forms of correspondence and other documents specific to the Architectural, Engineering, & Construction industry
- Welcome and announce visitors.
- Monitor and replenish office supplies
- Uses own vehicle to run off-site errands as needed
- Coordinate conference room use which includes setting up the conference room technology, ordering meals & refreshments, and ensuring the room is ready for the next user.
- Coordinate and schedule office events and meetings as needed
- Coordinate office equipment supplies and maintenance with vendors
- Communicate any maintenance needs to building management
- Receive, sort, and distribute incoming daily mail and package deliveries
- Prepare outgoing mail and packages for shipping
- Other duties as assigned
Examples of job responsibilities are not intended to be all inclusive. GLMV reserves the right to assign additional responsibilities as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with standard QWERTY keyboard
- Customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills using the English language
- Ability to effectively manage multiple deadlines
- Flexible and able to adapt to policy or procedure changes
- Physical Requirements:
- Hear and respond to guests and callers
- Ability to drive a vehicle
- Ability to read written instructions as well as proof and edit assigned documents
- Lift and manipulate 20-pounds occasionally
- Use a computer keyboard, mouse, and monitor almost constantly
- Able to exchange and gather information using web-based phone system to detect and respond to incoming calls or messages.
An employee shall not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
Required Education, Experience and Credentials:
- Typing speed minimum of 50 words-per-minute with at least 90% accuracy
- Prior experience in a similar role
- Substantial experience in Microsoft Word and Outlook version 2010 or newer
- Familiarity with other Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record
- Reliable transportation to perform occasional office errands
Other combinations of education and experience will be considered. Prior experience in a professional design services or construction environment is preferred.