GLMV Architecture, Inc. is a full-service architectural firm with four offices in three states. GLMV provides services in architecture, programming and master planning, LEED design, interior design and landscape architecture. The firm serves local, state and national clients in the government, corporate, industrial, aviation, educational, healthcare, and food service sectors, as well as zoos and parklands. Landscape architects and interns touch all of these projects and, in the case of zoos and open public spaces, provide critical skills and talent from master planning through project completion.
GLMV employs architectural service professionals at all career stages from post-graduate entry-level to highly experienced and credentialed practitioners in
- Landscape Architecture and
- Interior Design
Entry to these positions requires a four-year degree from an accredited program in the desired discipline.
We also employ individuals experienced in the business of architecture for positions in
- CAD and BIM drafting
- Construction administration
- Cost estimating
- Administrative services
- Accounting and financial services
- Marketing and business development
- Information and CAD technology
Open positions are posted below:
Aviation-Industrial Architectural Services Business Leader
A practicing registered Architect responsible for development of new business in the aviation, industrial and manufacturing industries; leading pursuits, identifying and pre-qualifying clients; and working with other staff in developing marketing and proposal materials and preparing for client interviews. This position must be willing to engage actively in architectural and client industry professional organizations as part of his or her commitment to the practice and the profession and have the ability to balance customer success with profitable services.
- Develop and execute a business development plan with short-and long-range goals.
- Develop strategies for cultivating prospects and obtaining work for the firm.
- Identify, make direct contact, cultivate, negotiate and close opportunities with strategic clients and prospects.
- Articulate services and value to instill confidence in our clients and be viewed by the client as the credible advisor for implementation.
- Forecast sales opportunities, potential revenues, and revenues from work under contract.
- Provide indirect oversight of all phases of studio projects with direct oversight of client management.
- Provide industry-specific technical guidance and mentor senior staff.
- Lead small teams to program, conceptualize, design, and develop projects.
- Provide direct and indirect oversight of the design process and quality management
- Sign and seal design documents; develop project managers who can sign and seal documents.
- Maintain ultimate responsibility for customer satisfaction of studio clients.
- Other responsibilities as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of documentation and design process management in all phases of a project.
- Excellent verbal and written English language communication skills.
- Considerable knowledge of lean manufacturing methodologies.
- Working knowledge of BIM design technologies.
- Knowledge of electronic/digital document system retrieval preferred.
- Proficient with operating a personal computer and use of MS Excel/Word/Outlook.
- Ability to visually inspect details and to review construction drawings for quality and constructability of design solutions.
- Ability to direct and coach others through the full range of architectural project phases.
- Ability to open and critically examine CADD and BIM files.
Education and Experience: The successful candidate will be a Registered Architect or Professional Engineer with 10 years of professional experience serving aviation, manufacturing, and industrial clients and including business development. Experience should demonstrate growth in scope of responsibility, and size and project complexity and include a portfolio of successfully completed projects from concept through construction and occupancy. Specific and substantial industry experience in Aerospace, Aviation and/or Manufacturing is required. Certification in lean manufacturing methodologies may also be preferred. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
FOR ALL POSITIONS:
We hire carefully. In addition to personal interviewing and project or portfolio reviews, we will require a web-based personal profile assessment and an AutoCAD proficiency assessment. For project architects and higher level positions, we will also conduct a detailing assessment.
Following is what you may expect in response to your resume:
- We will confirm to you that your resume has been received. If we do not, please check with us.
- Telephone interviews may be conducted.
- Initial personal interviews, AutoCAD proficiency assessments and/or other assessments may be scheduled all in one day or separately.
- Successful applicants will return for second interviews and an opportunity to meet with more staff members, and be asked to complete a web-based personal profile assessment.
- For some higher level positions, we may require detail or design assessment as well.
- Non-technical positions may require other types of content valid job skills testing, such as typing and spelling test for word processing staff.
Electronic resumes only, please.
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes should include education, professional credentials, work history (with time worked for each employer indicated in month and year), and annotated project history. Electronic portfolios or work samples are welcome and appreciated. Cover letters are recommended, but not required. Use a format readable by Windows XP. We will confirm receipt of all resumes by e-mail. (For our own protection, we will not open or attempt to respond to any file that comes through with a virus alert.)
Resumes will be accepted until the positions are filled.
Salaries for all of the positions listed will be competitive and commensurate with the level of experience and ability demonstrated by the candidate.
- group medical, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance
- flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care expenses
- paid personal time off and holidays
- closed December 25 through January 1
- 401(k), ROTH 401(k)
- we are an AIA CEU provider
Contact us about employment at GLMV Architecture, by mail, phone, toll free 800 number, fax, e-mail, or visit us at any of our office locations.
Susan M. Smith
Senior Vice President, CHRO
1525 E. Douglas
Wichita, KS 67211
Phone (316) 265-9367
Fax (316) 265-5646
Toll free (800) 397-9367
Equal Opportunity Employer
GLMV Architecture will recruit, hire, train and promote qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, or disabilities. We will provide a safe and respectful workplace where harassment, hostility and/or violence are not tolerated.