GLMV Architecture, Inc. is a full-service architectural firm with four offices in three states. GLMV provides services in architecture, programming and master planning, LEED design, interior design and landscape architecture. The firm serves local, state and national clients in the government, corporate, industrial, aviation, educational, healthcare, and food service sectors, as well as zoos and parklands. Landscape architects and interns touch all of these projects and, in the case of zoos and open public spaces, provide critical skills and talent from master planning through project completion.
GLMV employs architectural service professionals at all career stages from post-graduate entry-level to highly experienced and credentialed practitioners in
- Landscape Architecture and
- Interior Design
Entry to these positions requires a four-year degree from an accredited program in the desired discipline.
We also employ individuals experienced in the business of architecture for positions in
- CAD and BIM drafting
- Construction administration
- Cost estimating
- Administrative services
- Accounting and financial services
- Marketing and business development
- Information and CAD technology
Open positions are posted below:
Project Architect—Multi-Build Restaurant
Architect registered in at least one state to take responsibility for specific client relationships and the design, planning, preparation, and delivery of a high volume of quick turn-around restaurant renovation, remodel and expansion projects as well as new construction. This is production, management, and occasionally supervisory position is accountable for delivering projects on time and within budget, and reports to the Senior Vice President that leads the studio in service to the client’s industry. The work is fast-paced and requires daily interaction with client representatives, code officials and external project partners. There is also substantial travel required for site analysis, documentation and assessment of existing conditions, and construction administration as needed. Pleasant working environment is with professional, technical, and collaborative coworkers accustomed to wearing different hats.
- Meet directly with client, analyze client goals and conceive and develop solutions to those goals within franchise, community and regulatory parameters.
- Plan the project budget, milestones, and schedule and track project performance accordingly.
- Initiate and create schematic designs and plans with responsibility for the preparation of drawings.
- Coordinate workload through design development and construction document phases to complete documents on schedule.
- Direct and coordinate with the engineering disciplines and third party equipment vendors, reviewing construction documents for areas of conflict with all disciplines.
- Write/edit owner provided architectural specifications.
- Plan, initiate, and run project meetings, setting agenda’s, and issuing meeting minutes.
- Ensure code and accessibility compliance utilizing several competing and often conflicting building, life safety, health and accessibility codes.
- Coordinates addendum, ASI, RFIs, WCPRs and Change Orders and is responsible to incorporate agreed upon changes into the project documents.
- Execute construction administration utilizing Owner provided web-based workspace.
- Analyze and negotiate pay applications and change orders.
- Report project completion for billing, approve invoices, and lead any necessary collections activities.
- Provide supervision and guidance to others assigned to facilitate the delivery of a project.
- May develop scope and fee documents.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Strong Knowledge of restaurant design considerations and trends
- Strong knowledge of heath department and building codes and accessibility requirements and their interstate variances.
- Knowledge of design within the parameters of franchise agreement requirements and neighborhood adaptations.
- Excellent written and communication skills–ability to speak and write clearly and concisely and to relate well to others at all levels and use diplomacy and tact.
- Planning and organization skills–ability to start and complete projects independently, using time effectively and efficiently, and managing multiple priorities.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities–working closely with numerous owner representatives and their clients on different projects simultaneously.
- Ability to cope with change, can shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having the total picture, can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Ability to move between running projects independently or through a team and participating in projects under the leadership of others.
Required Experience and Credentials
- Licensed NCARB certified architect
- Client management experience required
- Strong proficiency in AutoCAD 2013
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Project Schedule)
- Revit knowledge beneficial
- Restaurant and/or franchise developer experience preferred
- Multi-state experience preferred
Experienced Intern in Architecture
GLMV Architecture, Inc. has openings for experienced interns in architecture in Houston and Wichita. This position works with direction from registered architects to provide design development and construction drawing support services for a wide variety of non-residential architectural projects throughout the country. The intern can expect to start with primary accountability for architectural drawings, coordination of disciplines and application of state and local code on smaller projects with short completion schedules or with sub sections of larger projects. Proficiency and initiative in these types of assignments will lead to opportunities of greater scale and complexity.
GLMV interns in architecture are required to register with NCARB, complete the IDP program and pursue licensure. Fees for these activities are reimbursed.
The minimum requirement for this position is graduation from an accredited architecture baccalaureate or master’s program and three years of experience, with proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD.
Send resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
FOR ALL POSITIONS:
We hire carefully. In addition to personal interviewing and project or portfolio reviews, we will require a web-based personal profile assessment and an AutoCAD proficiency assessment. For project architects and higher level positions, we will also conduct a detailing assessment.
Following is what you may expect in response to your resume:
- We will confirm to you that your resume has been received. If we do not, please check with us.
- Telephone interviews may be conducted.
- Initial personal interviews, AutoCAD proficiency assessments and/or other assessments may be scheduled all in one day or separately.
- Successful applicants will return for second interviews and an opportunity to meet with more staff members, and be asked to complete a web-based personal profile assessment.
- For some higher level positions, we may require detail or design assessment as well.
- Non-technical positions may require other types of content valid job skills testing, such as typing and spelling test for word processing staff.
Electronic resumes only, please.
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes should include education, professional credentials, work history (with time worked for each employer indicated in month and year), and annotated project history. Electronic portfolios or work samples are welcome and appreciated. Cover letters are recommended, but not required. Use a format readable by Windows XP. We will confirm receipt of all resumes by e-mail. (For our own protection, we will not open or attempt to respond to any file that comes through with a virus alert.)
Resumes will be accepted until the positions are filled.
Salaries for all of the positions listed will be competitive and commensurate with the level of experience and ability demonstrated by the candidate.
- group medical, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance
- flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care expenses
- paid personal time off and holidays
- closed December 25 through January 1
- 401(k), ROTH 401(k)
- we are an AIA CEU provider
Contact us about employment at GLMV Architecture, by mail, phone, toll free 800 number, fax, e-mail, or visit us at any of our office locations.
Susan M. Smith
Senior Vice President, CHRO
1525 E. Douglas
Wichita, KS 67211
Phone (316) 265-9367
Fax (316) 265-5646
Toll free (800) 397-9367
Equal Opportunity Employer
GLMV Architecture will recruit, hire, train and promote qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, or disabilities. We will provide a safe and respectful workplace where harassment, hostility and/or violence are not tolerated.